Volume 38, Number 1 - March 2006
- Duncan McCargo – Introduction: Rethinking Thailand's Southern Violence
- Satha-Anand Chaiwat – The Silence of the Bullet Monument: Violence and “Truth” Management, Dusun-nyor 1948, and Kru-Ze
- Duncan McCargo – Thaksin and the Resurgence of Violence in the Thai South: Network monarchy strikes back?
- Ukrist Pathmanand – Thaksin's Achilles' Heel: The Failure of Hawkish Approaches in the Thai South
- Jitpiromsri Srisompob – Unpacking Thailand's Southern Conflict: The Poverty of Structural Explanations
- Sugunnasil Wattana – Islam, Radicalism, and Violence in Southern Thailand: Berjihad di Patani and the 28 April 2004 attacks
- May Tan-Mullins – Voices from Pattani: Fears, Suspicion, and Confusion
- Michael K. Connors – War on Error and the Southern Fire: How terrorism analysts get it wrong: Rohan Gunaratna, Arabinda Acharya, and Sabrina Chua. Conflict and Terrorism in Southern Thailand. Singapore: Marshall Cavendish, 2005. xii + 211 pp.