Volume 39, Number 1 - March 2007
- Christopher Gerteis – The Erotic and the Vulgar: Visual Culture and Organized Labor's Critique of U.S. Hegemony in Occupied Japan
- Christopher Candland – Workers' Organizations in Pakistan: Why No Role in Formal Politics?
- Vanessa L. Fong – Media, Identity, and Struggle in Twenty-First-Century China: Introduction — Part 1
- Rachel Murphy – The Paradox of the State-Run Media Promoting Poor Governance in China: Case Studies of a Party Newspaper and an Anticorruption Film
- Tiantian Zheng – Performing Media-Constructed Images for First-Class Citizenship: Political Struggles of Rural Migrant Hostesses in Dalian
- Eric Florence – Migrant Workers in the Pearl River Delta: Discourse and Narratives about Work as Sites of Struggle
- Elaine Jeffreys – Querying Queer Theory: Debating Male-Male Prostitution in the Chinese Media