Volume 40, Number 4 - December 2008
- Tamara Jacka – Increasing Women’s Participation in Village Government in China: Is It Worth It?
- Holly High – The Implications of Aspirations: Reconsidering Resettlement in Laos
- Nicole Constable – Introduction to Distant Divides and Intimate Connections, Part 1: Andolan and the "Muttontown Slave Case"
- Claudia Liebelt – On Sentimental Orientalists, Christian Zionists, and Working Class Cosmopolitans: Filipina Domestic Workers’ Journeys to Israel and Beyond
- Marina de Regt – High in the Hierarchy, Rich in Diversity: Asian Domestic Workers, Their Networks, and Employers' Preferences in Yemen
- Elizabeth Frantz – Of Maids and Madams: Sri Lankan Domestic Workers and Their Employers in Jordan
- Dawn Starin – Letter from Luang Prabang: World Heritage Designation: Blessing or Threat?